Oily skin is more prone to the pimples and acne because of the over production of the sebum. Sebum is natural oil that is produced from the sebaceous glands. The excess oil attracts dirt and impurities in the skin and thus the pores get clogged. Pimple, acne and other skin conditions of the dirt, bacteria and oil trapped in the pores. To prevent this skin problems, it necessary to cure get rid of oily skin. Read more to know remedies to cure oily skin.
Home Remedies to Cure Oily Skin:
1.) Egg Whites to Cure Oily Skin
If you are looking for the home remedies to treat the oily skin, then nothing could be as amazing than the egg whites. The white of the egg is packed with the vitamin A that take away the access natural oil. In addition, it also helps to get rid of the blemishes, scar and marks as well. In fact, it also prevents the wrinkles, fine lines and other signs of aging.
- In a bowl whip an egg until you get a nice consistency then apply thus natural face mask on skin.
- Leave it on to dry for a few minutes and then remove it with warm water. Repeat this at least two times a week.
- Alternatively, you can add some lemon juice in the egg mask for the added benefits. Lemon wipes off the spare natural oil and maintains the Ph level of the skin.
2.) Lemon Juice to Treat Oily Skin
Another household remedy that will work in your favor is lemon juice. As we already told you that it maintains the pH level of the skin. It works like a natural astringent. It also has antiseptic properties that helps to improve your skin tone. Oily skin is more prone to pimples and acne lemon juice take care of that as well. It prevents the accurence of the pimples and acne.
- In a bowl mix a teaspoon of the fresh lemon juice with one and half teaspoon of mineral water. Apply this solution on the skin. Leave it on for a few minutes and rinse it with cold water. Lemon juice tends to dry the skin so make sure you apply nice moisturizer after.
- Alternatively, you can add some honey and a tablespoon of milk in a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice. This natural pack will work wonders on your skin.
- Do not use lemon juice alone since most of the skins are sensitive to it.
- Follow any of the ways to use lemon to cure oily skin once or twice in the week.
3.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Oily Skin
Name a single skin problem that cannot be treated by Aloe Vera gel. We vouch you will find none. It has antimicrobial properties that makes it an ideal remedy for pimples and acne. In addition to this, it absorbs the access oil as well. It is a wonderful remedy for all kind of burns like razor burns, allergies, blemishes, wrinkles and so on.
- Rip off an Aloe leaf and get the gel out of it. Apply this natural oil on the skin. Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse it off.
- Alternatively, you can mix some honey with Aloe gel before applying it. Honey has soothing properties that will give you added benefits.
- For a clear and glowing skin apply a fresh Aloe Gel regularly on the skin before going to the bed.
- If you don’t have Aloe Vera plant around, then you purchase a tube of Aloe gel from drug store as well. However, fresh gel is much effective.
4.) Honey to Get Rid of Oily Skin
Oily skin is vulnerable to skin infection, pimple, acne and clogged pores as well, thus honey comes handy. It cleans the pores and remove the excess oil from the skin as well. In addition, it prevents the occurrence of the pimple and acne. Moreover, has natural antiseptic property that speeds up the healing process.
- Rinse your face and pat it dry. Then apply a thin layer of the honey onto your skin.
- Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse it off.
- Alternatively, you can prepare a natural scrub by mixing some granules of almonds in the honey. Massage this natural scrub onto your skin for a while and leave it on. After a few minutes rinse your skin with warm water do open the pores. After this apply a face pack to close the pores.
5.) Fullers Earth to Cure Oily Skin
Fullers earth is one of the best remedy for the oily skin. It has magnesium chloride that helps to remove the dust, dirt and excess oil trapped in the pores. It cleans the pores and controls the production of sebum. Which eventually helps to prevent acne and pimples.
- In a bowl mix a tablespoon of fuller’s earth with rose water or plain water, mix it thoroughly and apply it on your skin. Leave it on until it dries completely then rinse it off.
- You can ideally add a table spoon of natural Aloe Vera gel to the face mask. This will moisturize your ski and gives you a glowing skin.
6.) Yogurt to Get Rid of Oily Skin
Yogurt is a wonderful remedy for all types of skin related problems. It is a probiotic food and contains natural lactic acid that helps to remove the excess oil from the skin. Moreover, it also tends tends to cut down the production of sebum, i.e natural oil.
- Apply a nice layer of yogurt on your skin and leave it on for a few minutes. Then wash it with the cold water. Repeat this once in a day until you see significant change.
- Alternatively, you can prepare a natural scrub with oatmeal and yogurt for your skin. For this use, warm honey. Apply this natural scrub on your face, scrub it for a while and then leave the traces on. After a few minutes’ rinse, it off with the cold water.
7.) Tomatoes to Cure Oily Skin
You can also use tomatoes to get rid of the oily skin. Tomatoes is a natural astringent that has clarifying and cooling properties. It removes the excess oil from the skin and maintains the pH level of the skin as well. In addition to this it is packed with vitamin C, that is additionally good for the skin. It helps to keep the acne and pimples at bay and lightens the skin tone as well.
- Cut a tomato into two halves’.
- Rub one half on the skin and then another. Leave the traces of lemon juice on the skin for a few minutes and then rinse it off.
- Alternatively, you can prepare tomato juice, mix some honey to it and apply it evenly onto your skin. Leave out on until it dries completely and then rinse it off.
- Tomato tends to dry the skin so apply a nice moisturiser after.
8.) Apples to Get Rid of Oily Skin
An apple a day not only keeps a doctor away in fact it keeps the dermatologist also away. It has exfoliating properties that helps to remove the excess oil from the skin. Moreover, it is a natural astringent that has mild antiseptic and soothing properties. Also, it has maliac acid that removes the dead cells and gives you natural glowing skin.
- Cut an apple into two halves.
- Grate one half and apply the grated shreds on the skin.
- Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse it with running water.
- Alternatively, you can mix yogurt and lemon juice in the grated apple to form a nice face mask. Apply this natural mask on your face, leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse it with cool water.
9.) Cucumbers to Cure Oily Skin
Cucumber is great for skin. It has soothing and cooling properties that comes handy to remove the excess oil. Moreover, it is a natural astringent that helps reduce the production of the sebum i.e. natural oil. In addition to this it is high source of essential minerals and vitamins especially vitamin A and vitamin E, potassium and magnesium that helps to cure oily skin.
- Cut a fresh cucumber into slices. Rub the slices onto your skin thoroughly. Leave it on for a night and rinse it next morning. For added benefit you place the slices of cucumber on your eyelids.
- Alternatively, mix a teaspoon of the lemon juice with the cucumber juice and spread it over the skin. Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse your skin with warm water.
- Follow any of the above listed ways 2-3 times a week to cure oily skin. This can also help to heal sunburn as well.
10.) Cure Oily Skin with Apple Cider Vinegar
How can we forget this amazing ingredients that helps to get rid of the pimples and acne that are quite common for oily skin? It has antibacterial properties that inhibits the growth of the bacteria. Apple cider vinegar also has alpha hydroxy acids that moisturizes the skin and improve the skin tone as well.
- You can prepare a toner at home. All you have to do is mix some apple cider vinegar along with mineral water. Apply this naturally toner on your face and with a cotton ball. Leave this toner on the skin for a few minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
- To keep all skin problems at bay mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and drink it before going to the bed. It balances the hormones that helps to control the overproduction of sebum.
11.) Milk to Get Rid of Oily Skin
Milk is a natural oil free cleanser that helps to curb the excess oil on the skin. It gives soft and gives a flawless skin. Moreover, it has alpha hydroxy acids that works as a natural exfoliater. It removes the dead skin and matins the pH level of the skin as well.
- In a bowl mix 2 tablespoons of milk with a few drops of essential oil such as sandalwood or lavender oil.
- Apply this nourishing toner onto the skin and gently massage it. Leave it on overnight and then rinse your skin next morning.
- Repeat this regularly to cure oily skin.
12.) Orange Peel to Get Rid of Oily Skin
Orange peels contains astringent properties that helps to control the production of the sebum and helps to shrink pores. Moreover, it is a great source of the vitamin C that is also good for the skin. It keeps your skin soft and works as an anti-aging remedy.
- Dry some orange peel. Once they are dries blend them into powder.
- In a bowl mix the powder along with the rose water.
- Apply this on your skin. Leave it on for a couple of minutes and then wash your skin off.
- Repeat this several times a week.
13.) Treat Oily Skin with Oatmeal
Oatmeal is a natural exfoliator that removes access oil from the skin and wipes the dead cells as well. It gives you a nice and supple skin.
- Cook some oatmeal then cool it down.
- Add some honey to it
- Apply this pack on your skin and wash it once it gets completely dry.
- Alternatively, blend the oatmeal to get a fine powder, mix it with hazel witch and apply this on your skin. Leave it pan for some time and then wash your skin.
14.) Salt to Cure Oily Skin
Salt like sea salt or Epsom salt have gritty nature that helps to remove the dead cells and excess oil from the skin. Prepare a nice scrub with sea salt or Epsom salt in order to cure oily skin.
- In a small bowl mix some lemon juice and pinch of any of the salt.
- Wash your skin, pat it dry and then use the mixture to exfoliate the skin.
15.) Baking Soda for Oily Skin Treatment
Baking soda removes the access oil and maintains the pH level of the skin Moreover, it helps to get rid of the skin bumps and rashes as well.
- In a bowl mix some baking soda with water.
- Apply this on your skin and rinse it after 10 minutes.
- Do not leave it for long since it tends to dry the skin.