If someone swallows noncorrosive poison, toxins or a harmful food substance, throwing up can help to get the substance out of the person’s system to some extent. However throwing up is not a solution when you have swallowed a corrosive poison or chemicals. The New Zealand National Poisons Centre does not recommend vomiting as first aid for the toxic substance. Throwing up is natural mechanism that should be practiced as a last resort and only after consulting the doctor. It is important to aware of the side effects before you try to induce vomiting. Forced vomiting can be harmful to the body.
Throwing up forcefully can cause dehydration and burns in the esophagus, swelling in your airways, tooth enamel erosion, tears in the esophagus and deprive of the body of minerals. Don’t induce vomiting as a weight-loss method. Doing so can even lead to an eating disorder such as bulimia, that can cause malnutrition and even endanger your life. Pregnant women should not make themselves throw up as it can cause dehydration and deprive the baby of important nutrients. Using this method you can make yourself throw up.
Ways to Make yourself Throw up:
1.) Use your Fingers to Induce Vomiting
You can use your fingers to activate the body’s natural gag reflex, which can make you throw up easily.
- Choose where you are going to vomit and sit firmly in a comfortable position with your head pointing downward to prevent choking.
- Insert index or middle finger into your mouth.
- Place your fingers on your tongue, then move the tongue toward the back of your throat until your fingers touch the little dangle part which is called palatine uvula that hangs down from the back of your palate.
- Place your fingertips downward to make yourself throw up.
- soon you will start getting stomach cramps. Remove your finger and allow the stomach content to come out.
- rinse your mouth with water after vomiting and also wash your hands.
- Keep in mind that don’t use any hard objects like sticks or spoons to induce vomiting.
2.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Make yourself Throw up
If your suspect of eating some rotten food that can cause you food poisoning, so apple cider vinegar is a good remedy to try at home.
- It is the strong odor of apple cider vinegar that can make your throw up. Bacteria and other pathogens are very sensitive to the acidic property of apple cider vinegar, so it helps to cleanse your body of harmful toxic substances.
- Take 1 to 2 tablespoons of unfiltered apple cider vinegar. The strong odor and taste of apple cider vinegar will lead to instant queasiness and vomiting.
3.) Warm Salt Water Solution to Induce Vomiting
Salt and water are the two ingredients that you can find easily at home, it can help to induce vomiting if you find out you ate something poisonous or toxic. Salt water can make your vomit, but be careful of the risks. According to the American heart Association recommends that consuming no more than 1500 mg of sodium per day.
- Add about 3 teaspoons of rock salt or table salt to a glass of lukewarm water.
- Stir it thoroughly and sip the solution slowly. You don’t need to drink the solution completely. Just only drink if you feel queasy.
- The extreme salty taste will induce vomiting.
- It is important to keep in mind about your salt intake. It is not recommended for those who are on a sodium-restricted diet.
4.) Sensory stimulation to Make Yourself Throw up
The sensory stimulation of the human body reacts in different ways in a different situation. Certain stimuli can induce nausea and make your throw up immediately.
- For instance, when you watch someone doing vomit, it creates a nauseous feeling that can lead to vomiting. Similarly, the offensive smell of vomit can activate the gag reflex and lead to vomiting.
- As telling someone to vomit for you is not an easy option you can always look for videos for vomiting. Watching a horror movie or gross medical procedure can also help you to induce vomiting.
- Even exposing yourself to the unpleasant smells, such as rotten vegetables or fruits can also make you throw up very quickly.
- It is not necessary that sensory stimulation will always work, but there is nothing wrong in trying this.
5.) Overeating to Induce Vomiting
Overeating pushes your stomach to its limit and it will find a way to reduce the excessive contents. So vomiting is the only solution for this. you should not consume fast foods and unhealthy food to try this due to the stomachache and digestive problems. It will be better to eat something healthy foods such as vegetables, simple carbs, and fruits.
- Try to vomit is necessary sometimes especially if you took in something poisonous. But make sure you do it in a proper way and under no circumstances should you abuse it. Also just to remind you that forcing yourself to throw up is not a good idea to lose weight, but if in case you choose this method, remember how to make yourself throw up safely. If you want a good looking body, so stick to a healthy diet and practice a scientific exercise regularly.
6.) Gargle with egg whites to Make yourself Throw up
Most of the people cannot bear the feel and taste of raw eggs in their mouth. This thing makes egg whites a suitable remedy to anyone who wants to induce vomiting. You just need to slightly beat the eggs whites of 2 egg and then slowly gargle it until the need the need to gag set up.at this point, you need to spit it out and if you cant vomit then repeat the process. You might need to repeat this procedure a couple of times until it works. This method has been used even in the past to induce vomiting as the first aid for poison intake.
7.) Mustard Water Induce Vomiting
It is another great option to make yourself throw up quickly. the unpleasant and unappetizing taste and the smell of mustard sauce and wake can make you feel like throwing up.
- Add one tablespoon of mustard paste or sauce to a glass of warm water.
- Stir thoroughly, then drink this solution in a single gulp.
- Wait for about 20 to 30 minutes for the solution to work and induce vomiting.
- This treatment is effective for many people but not for everyone. You will need to try another method if it will not work for you.
8.) Toothbrush Trick to Make yourself Throw up
The toothbrush trick uses the gag reflex to induce vomiting
- You need to moisten a soft bristled toothbrush.
- Then gently rub the bristles on the back of the tongue to stimulate the gag reflex.
- Use this method several times a day until you feel the need to vomit.
- When you will do vomit, make sure to rinse your mouth thoroughly.
9.) Try Emetics to Make Yourself Throw up
Emetics are medicinal drugs that are made to induce vomiting. Ipecac syrup is an example of these drugs. You should mix this syrup with water and take it in one long gulp. There are also other emetic tablets that can be taken for this reason. These drugs can cause some abdominal discomfort and make you nauseous. They then contract your stomach and cause you to vomit. This is quite a safe way to get rid of contents of the stomach. You could experience side effects such as dizziness, low blood pressure, shortness of breath, lightheadedness, or a fast heartbeat hence emetics should be used with caution
10.) Just think about Vomiting
For most people just thinking about vomiting is enough to bring this feeling closer. You can focus your thoughts of a disgusting thing you saw or ate if you really want to vomit. You can think about the worst medicine you had to take some time back and even look at it. This method will most likely work for you as it has worked for a lot of people. If it proves difficult, then inducing the gag reflex using your hand or toothbrush will get you to throw up.