In this article, we are discussing several methods to get rid of headaches fast. A headache is one of the most common problems. Men and women of all age groups experience headaches. As we all know, at time headaches can lead to extreme pain accompanied with nausea and vomiting. Our health and mind are the two things that stay linked all round the clock. This is the reason you feel a headache when you feel strained. Other causes include restlessness, lack of sleep, migraine and dehydration. This is not a major problem and can be treated well with few simple home remedies given in this article. You can also read this related article Home remedies for headaches on our website.
Best Remedies to Get Rid of Headaches:
1.) Drink Enough Water to Get Rid of Headaches
Drinking water is essential not only when you have headaches, but also for your overall health. Dehydration is one of the major causes of headaches. By drinking water will help you get relief from the pain by hydrating your body.
- Simply start drinking a glass of water several times a day. One should drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily to stay fit.
- Along with water, you can also drink sports drinks that contain electrolytes and are also helpful in treating headaches caused by dehydration and tension.
- Avoid drinking alcohol when you feel a headache, as it can cause dehydration in your body.
2.) Apply Ice Pack to Get Rid of Headaches
Ice pack also helps treat headaches fast. You can try placing an ice pack on your forehead that will numb the pain and help contract the blood vessels and improve blood circulation to the area. This particular method works excellent for headaches due to sinus or stress problems.
- Take some ice and wrap a piece of thin cloth.
- Hold it on your forehead for 5 minutes.
- You can also use a bag of frozen vegetables.
- Make sure you don’t apply this directly on your skin as it can damage your skin.
- Alternatively, place a cloth soaked in chilled water and keep it on your head and temples for 5-10 mins. Repeat this process until you see some improvements.
3.) Use Hot Water to Get Rid of Headaches
Applying heat on the back of your neck can also help relieve headaches caused due to stress. Heat relaxes tense muscles by reducing the extreme pain.
- Simply place a hot water bag at the back of your neck or you can also take a hot shower, putting water directly on the back of your neck.
- Another option, fill a tub with hot water according to you and put your hand in it for 10-15 mins. This will boost blood circulation and thus give you ease from a headache.
- If you experience from chronic headaches, you can soak your legs in a bucket filled with hot water for 10-15 minutes before going to bed.
4.) Drink Lemon Water to Get Rid of Headaches
Lemon is a very helpful and powerful method to treat a headache because it is relaxing and refreshing. Moreover, it helps control the acid-alkaline balance in the body.
- Take a glass of warm water and squeeze one lemon in it.
- You can also add some amount of honey for additional benefits.
- Drink this water. This will help reduce the intensity of the water.
- This particular remedy is helpful for headaches caused due to gas in the stomach.
- Alternatively, apply lemon crust paste on your forehead for quick pain relief.
5.) Eat Apple to Get Rid of Headaches
Both apples and apple cider vinegar are beneficial for treating headaches. They help repair the acid-alkaline balance in the body. Moreover, simply just smelling green apples can help decrease migraine headaches.
- If you wake up with a headache, then eat an apple sprinkling some salt on it.
- Then drink some warm water.
- Another option is to drink apple cider vinegar in a cup of warm water. Add honey for better taste.
- Add 2 teaspoons of some apple cider vinegar to a glass of water. You can also add a little honey.
6.) Use Peppermint to Get Rid of Headaches
Peppermint has a soothing and calming properties that can help treat headaches. Make a tea using peppermint to get rid of a headache fast.
- Prepare an herbal tea by adding 1-2 tsp of peppermint in the boiling water.
- Let this water, steep for 5-10 mins.
- Strain the solution and add some honey to sweeten it and for additional benefits.
- Sip this tea slowly.
- You can also use apply peppermint oil to your temples and massage gently for instant relief.
- Also, you can inhale peppermint oil to soothe tense muscles and help ease a headache as well as accompanying symptoms, such as vomiting and nausea.
7.) Use Ginger to Get Rid of Headaches
Ginger consists of anti-inflammatory properties that help relieve headache pain. It also helps calm down the blood vessels in the head, lessen swelling in the brain and triggers natural opiates in the brain that help diminish the pain.
Simply drink ginger tea 2-3 times a day to ease inflammation in the body and lessen headache pain. Ginger can act quickly on a headache.
8.) Massage with Eucalyptus Oil to Get Rid of Headaches
Eucalyptus oil has anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties. It gives you a soothing effect and helps calm down tense muscles causative to a headache.
Simply massage your temples and forehead using eucalyptus oil for 15-20 minutes. You can also mix coconut or almond oil.
9.) Eat Cinnamon to Get Rid of Headaches
Cinnamon is another beneficial herb that can efficiently treat headaches. This remedy is useful for headaches caused due to exposure to cold air.
- Take some cinnamon sticks and grind them to make a fine powder.
- Take some water and add a tsp of cinnamon powder to make a thick paste.
- Apply this paste your temples and forehead and lie down for 30-45 minutes.
- Wash if off with warm water.
- Repeat this method again if required.
10.) Use Betel Leaves to Get Rid of Headaches
Betel leaves are known for their painkiller as well as cooling properties, which can efficiently alleviate a headache instantly.
- Take 2-3 fresh betel leaves and grind them to make a fine paste.
- Apply this paste on your temples and forehead.
- Leave it on for 30-45 minutes.
- Soon you will get relief from the severe pain.
- You can also chew 1-2 betel leaves to get rid of a headache.